Built in 1905 by the famous architect Louis Périn, then enlarged in 1912, the Clos-Barbeau is one of the most beautiful houses on the banks of the Seine. Located on the left bank of the Seine near the bridge leading from Bois-le-Roi to Chartrettes, it seems to have been built near a site of which one finds a trace until the year 626, according to an inscription engraved on a stone at the entrance of the building. The name Barbeau comes from a local legend that tells of a fisherman who pulled up a barbel (a fish) from the Seine at this place, inside which he discovered a diamond, or according to other versions, a precious ring that Saint Loup, archbishop of Sens, dropped into the Seine near Melun. The first floor, whose walls are made of ashlar, has two large arched bays that light up a large room. The second floor is half-timbered, with woodwork that has been repainted in red by the architect Michel Frénot, giving this dreadful house a singular appearance. A remarkable feature of this building is the wooden footbridge that leads from the main building to another hexagonal building located further back. Today it is divided into 13 condominiums.